The Family Foundation School
The Family Foundation School (FFS) is a therapeutic boarding school serving at-risk adolescents that is located in Hancock, New York. Therapeutic boarding schools meet a variety of needs for troubled teen girls and boys while working to keep them on track academically.
Program of the Family Foundation School
The Family Foundation School provides a New York State Regents curriculum. The school provides a therapeutic milieu based on a twelve-step approach. The school accepts students on a rolling admissions schedule throughout the year. High school students (grades 9-12) that have problems with addictions and/or other psychological challenges comprise the student body. Students work toward their high school graduation while receiving support for the various behavioral issues that prompted enrollment. 
Accreditation and affiliations
The Family Foundation School is accredited both as a behavioral health care facility by the Joint Commission and as a school by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools  and the New York State Department of Education.
The Family Foundation School is also a founding member of National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP).
The Family Foundation School and Spirituality
Spirituality plays an important role at the school.
Our philosophy is firmly rooted in the Judeo-Christian tradition but, like A.A., it has come to reflect the spiritual practices of many faiths. Anyone who sincerely practices the 12 Steps of A.A. examines himself, helps others and seeks to understand his relationship to the cosmos and its creator. These practices best define what we mean by “spiritual.” 
Spiritual Communities from different faiths hold weekly services at the school.
Notes and references
1. Counseling Services at the Family Foundation School 
2. Profile of the Family Foundation School on the directory of The Joint Commission 
3. Family Foundation School entry on the directory of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools: 
4. New York State Department of Education, Administrators Listing for Public and Non-Public Schools and School Districts 
5. Family Foundation School profile in the directory of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs 
6. Spirituality and the Family Foundation School. 
* about The Family Foundation School